Directed Research Groups
Faculty in the department of Human Centered Design & Engineering run directed research groups, which offer students a wide range of opportunities to do hands-on work, from conducting usability tests for local companies all the way to collecting data on communication issues internationally.
Students interested in participating in directed research must get permission directly from the faculty member leading the group. Students enroll in course HCDE 496/596. For details on how to register, please visit the Variable Credit Registration Policy. Check this webpage frequently as Directed Research Groups are added leading up to the beginning of the quarter.
Autumn 2018 Research Groups
- Distributed Mentoring and Fanfiction Data Analytics (Aragon)
- HCD Charrette for K-12 Outreach (Davidson, Sequeira)
- Introduction to Science and Technology Studies (Ribes)
- Dance and STEM Education (Spyridakis)
Summer 2018 Research Groups
- Child-Computer Interaction and Participatory Design (Kientz, Hinicker, Yip)