The HCDE Grants & Contracts Manager is available to assist faculty with budget and administrative issues associated with grants, so that Principal Investigators can spend more time working on the scientific and technical aspects of sponsored research.
Listed below are the services and resources the HCDE Grants & Contracts Manager can provide to HCDE faculty:
- Maintain current and pending grant lists
- Maintain boilerplate info for proposals on Facilities, Computing Resources, Offices, and Administrative Support (available on the HCDE Facilities and Equipment Descriptions page)
- Provide reminders for Annual Report deadlines for NIH, NSF and other sponsored awards
- Hold one-on-one monthly budget meetings to go over budget projections of expenditures and funds remaining (on all Faculty budgets inclusive of grants, start-ups, and gifts)
The links below provide useful information related to grant proposal deadlines, common verbiage that can be used in proposals, and general resources to assist with the administrative aspects of sponsored research.
- HCDE Sponsored Projects Deadlines
- It is the PI's responsibility to be fully aware of both departmental and OSP deadlines for grant proposal submissions.
- HCDE Sponsored Projects Submittal Form
- Fill out this form to begin the proposal process with the HCDE Grants Office at least 15 days prior to the sponsor deadline.
- NSF Grant Proposal Documents
- Other Funding Opportunities
Rates to use for Proposal Budgets (rates are subject to change)
- Estimated Quarterly Cost of HCDE RAs (for standard 50% FTE appointment)
- RA Salary Information (select the link "Variable Rate RA Salary Schedule")
- Payroll Benefit Rates
- Tuition Rates (select the "Quarterly Tuition" tab then select the appropriate student level, graduate program and tuition quarter. From there scroll down and the rate to use is listed under the "OperatingFee" row under the "Quarterly Fee Breakdown" section.
- F&A Rate Table
Questions regarding this information should be addressed to the HCDE Administrator, Summer Dela Cruz Parkes, at firstname.lastname@example.org.