The components listed below are common documents required for each NSF proposal submission.
Current NSF Proposal Preparation Instructions are outlined in the NSF Proposal & Award Policies & Procedures Guide.
Note: Requirements are subject to change depending on the specific NSF Program Solicitation so, it is very important to read through the preparation and submission instructions each time.
- Project Summary (1 page)
- Project Description (Small and Medium proposals, up to 15 pages; Large proposals, up to 20 pages)
- References Cited
- Biographical Sketch (2 pages)
- Budget and Budget Justification
- Current and Pending Support
- Facilities, Equipment and Other Resources
- Data Management Plan (2 pages)
- Collaboration Plan (if applicable; Medium and Large proposals, up to 2 pages)
- Postdoctoral Researcher Mentoring Plan (if applicable; 1 page)
- Letter(s) of Collaboration (if applicable; use NSF recommended format)
- Collaborators & Other Affiliations (COA) Information