Alumni Leadership Board
The HCDE Alumni Leadership Board is launching in 2019 with an intent of activating talented alumni leaders to expand the HCDE alumni network, connections, skill sharing, and professional development opportunities outside of academic coursework.
The board will meet quarterly and commits to representing HCDE at events, promoting and hosting professional development and networking events, recruiting alumni participation, making industry connections, and serving as a resource for the department. Alumni leaders have opportunity to shape the board structure, nominate and select alumni awards, and invest in future generations of HCDE graduates.
We request all board members serve for two years. Board members will be asked to engage in at least two of the following activities each year of service:
- Plan a talk, panel, or workshop for students
- Connect your company as a partner with HCDE (i.e. capstone sponsorship, HCDE Career Fair, First Friday Industry Tours, Corporate Affiliates Program)
- Serve as a reviewer for BS and MS program applications
- Donate to an HCDE scholarship fund
- Volunteer at HCDE events (Alumni BBQ, Open House judging, Network Night, Portfolio Reviews, UX panels, industry networking events etc)
- Plan an alumni mixer/happy hour or a student/alumni networking event
September 2018: Applications Open December 1, 2018: Deadline for Applications
- December 15, 2018: Board members notified of selection
- January/February 2019: Kick-off Meeting
The application to be involved in the first cohort of the HCDE Alumni Leadership Board is now closed.