Skip to main content

Current Students

Student Rights Policy

The department of Human Centered Design & Engineering is dedicated to protecting student rights. If you have a concern or a complaint, there are many avenues available for discussion an/or mediation.

If you want to contest a grade, either on an assignment or for a course: All HCDE faculty and instructors are willing to discuss grades.

First, check to see if your instructor has a specific procedure you should follow to talk about a grade. Then, make an appointment and be prepared to justify, with specifics, why you think a grade should be changed.

If you feel that you are being treated unfairly or that your student rights are being violated:

Reporting bias concerns

The College of the Engineering and the UW are committed to protecting the rights and dignity of each individual in the University community. We value and honor diverse experiences and perspectives and believe that everyone deserves a welcoming and respectful learning environment that promotes access and opportunity.

If you encounter or suspect incidents of bias, we encourage you to fill out a report or contact an engineering advocate. Please refer to the resources available here.