All students enrolled in Human Centered Design & Engineering (HCDE) courses are required to have a laptop they can use in classes and for their studies. HCDE recommends the following minimum laptop specifications:
- Intel® or AMD processor with 64-bit support; 2 GHz or faster processor
- 8GB of RAM (16GB recommended)
- 250GB hard drive or larger
- 1280 x 800 and 512 MB of VRAM, 2 GB is recommended
- A newer graphics card is strongly recommended for some photoshop features such as an nVidia GeForce GTX 1050 or equivalent
- Windows 10 1809 or greater, or Mac OS X version 10.14 (Mojave) or greater
For information on academic software, please visit the HCDE technical course work and software page.