Purchasing & Reimbursement Procedures

Who to Contact

Faculty making a PURCHASE to be charged to one of their budgets (grant, start-up, gift): In general, you should begin the purchasing process with Elaine Shelley (Grants Coordinator, She can work with you to determine the appropriate buying method and budget number to use for your particular purchase.

Faculty who need to be REIMBURSED for a purchase/registration/travel/etc: In general, you should contact Allen Lee (Fiscal Supervisor, to initiate the reimbursement process.

Purchasing / Reimbursement Procedure

When seeking a purchasing or reimbursement, please complete the HCDE Purchasing Authorization and Reimbursement Request Form.

When contacting us for any purchase, please provide the following information in writing (or email):

Notes on Purchasing

Food, light refreshments, and alcohol: A budget that is pre-approved for these purchases is required. Please see the HCDE Meals and Light Refreshments Policy Summary.

Purchases and contracts/subcontracts over $3500: A sole source justification and three competing bids are required.

Equipment purchases over $2000: These items must be added to UW's inventory system for compliance and object coding. Allen Lee coordinates the department's inventory tracking and must be informed when these purchases occur.

Travel: Specific UW policies related to travel reimbursements need to be followed. Please see HCDE's Travel Resources.