Skip to main content

HCDE Intranet

Meals and Refreshments

The UW has a strict policy and procedural steps to pay for meals and/or light refreshments when the budget to be charged is not a discretionary 64-XXXX budget or another food-authorized budget.

The UW food approval process for meals and light refreshments purchased from University funds (e.g., state, grant or contract *, non-discretionary gifts, self-sustaining, Services and Activities Fee income) is outlined in the UW's Food Approval form.

*Grant, contract, or other sponsored project funds may not be used if the sponsor regulations or specific agreement guidelines prohibit the purchase of food for the purposes covered by this policy.

Note that UW Form 1798 must be used and advance approval (prior to date when food will be served) is required. For specific, recurring events, such as training sessions, UW Form 1798 need only be completed once prior to the initial event and copied for future events.