The following research group descriptions are archived because they are no longer offered.
Co-Designing an Inclusive Teaching Toolkit
Led by Sourojit Ghosh, Mina Zavary, and Frances Marie Tabio Ello
The HCDE DEI committee has been working on an inclusive teaching toolkit. We are looking for students to help us put together resources and design the website pages of the toolkit. Students will use the human-centered design process to create a living resource for both students and faculty that will live on the HCDE intranet. This toolkit will be a way for students and faculty to reference when creating courses and improving current ones.
Throughout this DRG, students will:
- Display resources/information in creative ways that work for users
- Design within the UW Brand identity
- Reflect on their classroom experiences to shape the Toolkit into a resource that is beneficial for both students and faculty
- Have experience with wireframing in Figma
- Previously or currently enrolled in HCDE 318/518 is a plus
- Willingness to learn about concepts like power and equity in education spaces
- Some to moderate experience in visual design
Note this DRG was held in Spring 2023 and no longer accepting applications.