Skip to main content

Future Students

Variable Credit Registration Policy

Each quarter, before a student registers for a variable credit course (496, 499, 596, 599, 601, 700, or 800), students must have written permission from the faculty member supervising their coursework. To register, students must email the supervising faculty member (copying the program advisor) with the following information:

  • Student Name
  • Student Number
  • Major/Program
  • Course Number
  • Course SLN
  • Grading Preference (CR/NC, graded)
  • Number of Credits*

The approval must be sent directly to the program advisor who will then provide the student with the add code. Students who register for a variable credit course without following this procedure will be dropped from the course or receive an "X" grade.

*One credit equates to three hours of work each week.