Corporate Affiliates Program
The Human Centered Design & Engineering (HCDE) Corporate Affiliates Program (CAP) enhances interaction between industry partners and HCDE. Affiliates enjoy a special connection with HCDE that fosters long-term relationships, leading to technical exchange, collaboration, and interaction with faculty, students, and alumni.
Affiliates can choose their level of membership, based on the needs of their company and their desired level of involvement with the HCDE Department.
Career Services Member ($500/year)
- Participation in the annual HCDE Career Fair (next scheduled for January 27, 2014).
- Access to online resumes submitted by HCDE students/alumni at all degree/program levels.
- Ability to post permanent job openings for free on HCDE's AfterCollege.com web page (non-Affiliates must pay a fee to post permanent job openings).
- Ability to post internships in HCDE's internships database.
- Up-to-date information via departmental print publications (such as Explorations and Designing Up) and electronic newsletters.
- Company logo and short bio on the HCDE Corporate Affiliates Program website.
Associate Member ($1500/year)
- All of the Career Services Member benefits plus…
- Access to hold information and recruitment/interview sessions with HCDE students/alumni on the UW campus throughout the year, organized by HCDE staff.
- Attendance at our annual Corporate Affiliates Day (next scheduled for October, 2014) on the UW Seattle Campus. Activities include:
- State of the department and updates from the HCDE Chair.
- Research presentations and demonstrations by faculty, students, and alumni about current work.
- In-depth discussions among Affiliate members and faculty about current topics.
Strategic Partner Member ($3000/year)
- All of the Associate Member benefits plus…
- Opportunity to partner with faculty and students in classroom projects, capstone projects, and directed research groups.
- Designation as an HCDE Strategic Advisory Board Member, serving in an advisory capacity to the department and providing input concerning future directions.
- Meeting of the Strategic Advisory Board to discuss department and industry interests.
- Complimentary Corporate UW Libraries Card ($200 value, one per company). This card offers access to all UW Libraries and can be shared between organization employees.
How to Join
Membership in the HCDE Corporate Affiliates Program requires a qualifying contribution and is valid for one year from receipt of payment. Contributions are to be used to further the overall efforts of HCDE at the discretion of the Chair.
To join the HCDE Corporate Affiliates Program, please submit the CAP Membership Form (PDF) along with your qualifying contribution.
Rates noted above are in effect for the 2013-2014 academic year.
To learn more about the HCDE Corporate Affiliates Program, please contact Cassie Atkinson-Edwards at email@example.com or 206.221.1666.