The following is a list of academic and professional associations (and a few conferences run by some of these associations) that faculty and students in the department of Human Centered Design & Engineering often find relevant to their work:
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
- American Education Research Association
- American Society for Engineering Education
- AMIA—Informatics Professionals. Leading the Way.
- Computing Research Association (CRA)
- The Design Society
- Information Systems for Crisis Response and Management (ISCRAM)
- International Association for Development of the Information Society
- International Communication Association (ICA)
- International Network of Engineering Studies (INES)
- International Society of the Learning Sciences
- Latinas in Computing
- Pervasive Computing and Communications
- The Promotion of Women in Computer Science
- Society for Technical Communication (STC)
If you live in the Seattle area, check the web page for the STC's Puget Sound Chapter.
- User Experience Professionals Association.
- User Modeling, Adaptation, and Personalization.
- Writers UA.
You can view an up to date list of conferences and meetings about HCI topics at http://www.conference-service.com/conferences/human-computer-interaction.html.