HCDE Recruiting Night
Tuesday, October 12
3 – 6 p.m. PST
Virtual; via Handshake
Are you hiring interns, contract work, or for full-time positions? Target your UX design, research, and engineering recruitment by participating in this virtual recruiting night. Speak to undergraduate students, graduate students, and alumni from the University of Washington’s Department of Human Centered Design & Engineering.
Each company or organization will be able to host up to 15, one-on-one appointments (with qualifications, if desired) and host up to five group sessions throughout the event. One-on-one sessions are set to 10 minutes each and group sessions are set to 30 minutes each. The employer representatives may choose the times for the one-on-one and group sessions.
About the Handshake virtual platform:
Learn how to register for a Handshake virtual fair here »
Cost for the employer:
$400, FREE for 2021 HCDE Corporate Affiliates members.
The HCDE Recruiting Night will give students the opportunity to network directly with employers via 10-minute one-on-one video chats and 30-minute group sessions.
Students should ensure to upload a copy of their resume to Handshake before the event.
Current HCDE student will be notified via UW email about registration details in early autumn quarter.
Questions? Please email Melissa Ewing, HCDE's outreach and events manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have additional questions prior to, during, or after registration.
Additional resources and tips for students
Here are a few events, tips, and resources to help you feel ready for your job search.
- College of Engineering Career Center offers workshops, career advising, and more
- Create a Handshake account to connect with opportunities and employers.
- Subscribe to HCDE’s Job Board to learn about job postings specific to HCDE students
- Check the HCDE Student Events Calendar for related workshops and networking events
- Connect with other students that have attended before to hear about their experience