New Employee Health and Safety Orientation
All our new employees, including those that are permanent, temporary, or part-time, must receive instruction for the following:
- Reporting procedures for fire, police, or medical emergencies;
- Evacuation procedures during an emergency;
- Location of fire alarm pull-stations and fire extinguishers (see Sieg Hall floor plan); Employees using fire extinguishers must have previously received training;
- Procedures and forms for reporting all accidents and incidents to their supervisors and completing a written online report using OARS;
- Procedures for reporting unsafe conditions or acts to their supervisors, and, when possible, taking action to correct unsafe conditions;
- Exact location of first-aid kits and identification of first-aid certified employees;
- Description of UW and departmental Hazard Communication Program;
- Identification and explanation of all warning signs and labels used in their work area;
- Use and care of any personal protective equipment they are required to use;
- Description of safety training they will be required to attend for their job.
- HCDE’s Departmental New Employee Safety Orientation Checklist
- UW’s Employee Safety and Health Training Checklist
Last modified Summer 2016.