Program Expectations and Eligibility
2021-2021 Academic Year
UW HCDE + Microsoft Mentor Program
- Students and mentors must commit to meeting monthly (Online or in-person when it’s safe to do so) from October 2020 - June 2021, in addition to attending the kick-off event on October 9, at 5 p.m.
- Students will meet regularly in a virtual setting (at least 1x/month)
- Each pair will have flexibility on what goals and topics they want to discuss related to professional preparation, career exploration, networking, and feedback.
- This program is a professional development opportunity and not a recruitment program. Students should not ask for jobs as part of this program.
- Be respectful and make best use of time. Arrive on time (or early) for meetings and limit email communications. Come prepared for each meeting with goals and questions.
- Mentors and mentees will be required to provide survey feedback during the program.
- Only currently enrolled, HCDE Bachelor’s and HCDE Master’s students are eligible to apply.
- HCDE Bachelors students must have completed HCDE 313 and 318 and have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 within HCDE courses to apply.
- HCDE Masters students must have completed HCDE 517 and 518 and have a minimum cumulative GPA or 3.7 within HCDE courses to apply.
- Students must commit to the entire year from October - June and be available to attend the kick-off meeting on October 9 to apply.
- In the event that there aren’t enough mentors to pair with student applicants, some students may be turned away (unfortunately).
There will be no exceptions to the eligibility requirements.
Program application includes academic information, statement of interest and goals, type of mentor desired, and request for faculty reference contact information.
Questions? For questions regarding information not on the website, email email@example.com.