Program Expectations and Eligibility
UW HCDE + Microsoft Mentor Program
- Students and mentors must commit to meeting monthly (Skype or in person) from October 2019 – June 2020, in addition to attending the kick-off event, happening October 11 from 9 a.m. – noon (registration at 8:30 a.m.).
- Students will travel to Microsoft campus or to a mentor-preferred location for in-person meetings.
- Each pair will have flexibility on what goals and topics they want to discuss related to professional preparation, career exploration, networking, and feedback.
- This program is a professional development opportunity and not a recruitment program. Students should not ask for jobs as part of this program.
- Be respectful and make the best use of time. Arrive on time (or early) for meetings and limit email communications. Come prepared for each meeting with goals and questions.
- Mentors and mentees will be required to provide survey feedback during the program.
- Only HCDE undergraduate and HCDE Master’s students are eligible to apply.
- HCDE undergraduates must have completed HCDE 313 and 318 and have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 within HCDE courses to apply.
- HCDE Master's students must have completed HCDE 517 and 518 and have a minimum cumulative GPA or 3.7 within HCDE courses to apply.
- Students must commit to the entire year from October – June and be available to attend the kick-off meeting on October 11, 2019, to apply.
There will be no exceptions to the eligibility requirements.
Program application includes academic information, statement of interest and goals, type of mentor desired, and request for faculty reference contact information. Mentee selections will be communicated by September 30, 2019.
Questions? For questions regarding information not on the website, email firstname.lastname@example.org.