UW HCDE + Microsoft Mentor Program
2020-2021 Academic Year
UW’s Department of Human Centered Design & Engineering (HCDE) and the Microsoft Cloud + AI Studios team are continuing our year-long mentorship program for the 2020-21 academic year. 30-40 HCDE students will be matched with Microsoft mentors for one-on-one career coaching. Students will gain real world perspective and career guidance from working professionals in user research, UX design, content strategy, and product management. Mentors add enhanced value to students as they begin their own professional careers. Through this program, you will have the opportunity to:
- Network with industry professionals and develop lasting professional connections
- Explore company cultures, career paths, and roles
- Prepare for your job search
- Gain real-world exposure through job shadows and site visits
- You can watch a quick video of last year’s mentees describing the program and thanking their Microsoft mentors here
Mentor and mentee pairs will connect for the first time during (or shortly after) the Virtual Mentor & Mentee Kick-off Day on October 9 from 5-7 p.m. Pairs will meet virtually every month or in person in the Spring, when/if it is safe to do so.
- September 16: Application Deadline
- September 30: Mentee selections announced
- October 9: Virtual Mentor & Mentee Kick-off meeting from 5-7 p.m. PST
- Monthly mentor/mentee individual meetings until June 2021
Expectations and eligibility
HCDE undergraduate and Master’s students that meet the minimum HCDE cumulative GPA and course completion criteria are encouraged to apply. There will be no exceptions to the eligibility requirements. See all eligibility requirements and program expectations »
Questions? For questions regarding information not on the website, email email@example.com.