UW HCDE + Microsoft Mentor Program
Mentee applications for the 2019 – 2020 HCDE + Microsoft Mentor Program will open in August 2019. Please check back in summer for more information.
UW’s Department of Human Centered Design & Engineering (HCDE) and the Microsoft Cloud + AI Studios team are launching a year-long mentorship program. 25 – 30 HCDE students will be matched with Microsoft mentors for one on one career coaching. Students will gain real world perspective and career guidance from working professionals in user research, UX design, content strategy, and product management. Having a mentor adds incredible value to students as they begin their own professional careers.
- Network with industry professionals and develop lasting professional connections
- Explore company cultures, career paths, and roles
- Prepare for your job search
- Gain real world exposure through job shadows and site visits
Mentor and mentee pairs will connect for the first time at a mentor/mentee kick-off day at Microsoft campus in October 2019. Pairs will meet monthly via Skype or in person from October through June.
- September: Application Deadline
- Early October: Mentee selections announced
- October: Mentor & Mentee Kick-off Day at Microsoft
- October 2019 – June 2020: Monthly meetings
Expectations and eligibility
HCDE undergraduate and Master’s students that meet the minimum HCDE cumulative GPA and course completion criteria are encouraged to apply for the first cohort. There will be no exceptions to the eligibility requirements. See all eligibility requirements and program expectations »
Questions? For questions regarding information not on the website, email firstname.lastname@example.org.