UW HCDE + Microsoft Mentor Program
Applications for 2018 – 2019 HCDE + Microsoft Mentor Program are now closed. Please check back in Spring 2019 for information about the 2019 – 2020 program.
2018 – 2019 Academic Year
UW’s Department of Human Centered Design & Engineering (HCDE) and the Microsoft Cloud + AI Studios team are launching a year-long mentorship program. 25 – 30 HCDE students will be matched with Microsoft mentors for one on one career coaching. Students will gain real world perspective and career guidance from working professionals in user research, UX design, content strategy, and product management. Having a mentor adds incredible value to students as they begin their own professional careers.
- Network with industry professionals and develop lasting professional connections
- Explore company cultures, career paths, and roles
- Prepare for your job search
- Gain real world exposure through job shadows and site visits
Mentor and mentee pairs will connect for the first time at the Mentor & Mentee Kick-off Day at Microsoft campus on October 19, 2018, from 8:30 a.m. – noon. Pairs will meet monthly via Skype or in person from October 2018 – June 2019.
- September 17: Application Deadline
- October 5: Mentee selections announced
- October 19: Mentor & Mentee Kick-off Day at Microsoft
- October 2018 – June 2019: Monthly meetings
Expectations and eligibility
HCDE undergraduate and Master’s students that meet the minimum HCDE cumulative GPA and course completion criteria are encouraged to apply for the first cohort. There will be no exceptions to the eligibility requirements. See all eligibility requirements and program expectations »
Questions? For questions regarding information not on the website, email email@example.com.