Information for Students
To receive credit for an internship:
- Ensure you meet the prerequisites for an internship.
- Ensure your internship will meet the department's internship requirements.
- Fill out the internship letter of agreement (PDF).
- Fill out the online internship form.
You must upload both a completed letter of agreement and a resume to the form.
- Once your internship form has been approved, you will receive an entry code for HCDE 495 or HCDE 601.
- Submit a paper to the Internship Advisor once the internship is completed.
Students should complete this process as soon as they have defined their internship opportunity.
The approval process might take a week or more; if students delay getting approval, they might end up being forced to pay late-registration fees. In addition, even if students intend to take the internship credits in a later quarter, they should still get the internship approved before beginning the work. (Otherwise, students could learn too late that the work does not qualify for internship credits.)