HCDE Career Fair
The Human Centered Design & Engineering (HCDE) Career Fair connects students and alumni with industry employers to discuss career and internship opportunities.
2019 HCDE Career Fair
Monday, October 21
4 – 7:30 p.m.
HCDE students only 4 – 6 p.m.; all UW students 6 – 7:30 p.m.
Husky Union Building (HUB), South Ballroom
Find full company profiles, including roles they are searching for, at the sidebar menu links or by selecting the logos below. Participating employers can find logistics and information here »
Information for students
Please join us for HCDE Career Fair 2019 and connect with a range of industry employers looking for students studying human-centered design and engineering. The fair is open to HCDE students and HCDE alumni from 4 – 6 p.m. Others across campus seeking jobs and internships in related fields are welcome to attend from 6 – 7:30 p.m.
What to expect and how to prepare for the HCDE Career Fair:
Students are expected to dress professionally with a minimum standard of business casual attire. Bring multiple copies of your resume. Bring a portfolio if you have one—either digital or printed—although it is not necessary to attend. The event is a great opportunity to gain insight into companies interested in hiring HCDE students.
Although a few employers may invite selected candidates for follow up conversations or interviews after the event, most will require that you apply online when the roles are available.
Space will be limited in the ballroom; please leave backpacks and large bags at home. Student registration open now »
Employer load-in begins
4 – 6 p.m.
Doors open for both HCDE students and HCDE alumni
6 – 7:30 p.m.
All UW students are invited to attend
Get prepared for your job search
Here are a few events, tips, and resources to help you feel ready for your job search.
- HCDE Industry Portfolio Reviews – October 15, 4 – 6:30 p.m., HUB 250 (details will be posted to the HCDE Calendar and shared via email to enrolled students in early fall)
- College of Engineering Career Center offers workshops, career advising, and more
- Create a Handshake account to connect with opportunities and employers.
- Subscribe to HCDE’s Job Board to learn about job postings specific to HCDE students
- Check the HCDE Student Events Calendar for related workshops and networking events
- Connect with other students that have attended before to hear about their experience