The Department of Human Centered Design & Engineering (HCDE) offers many opportunities for international students to excel in our program. We encourage international students to apply for admission as full time students in our programs.
In particular, HCDE has a 10 year relationship with the Department of Communication Studies at the University of Twente, the Netherlands, which allows Twente students to study as an HCDE student in Seattle for 1–3 quarters. The program is part of UW's direct exchange "home-tuition" program. Direct exchanges operate on a home-tuition basis whereby students pay their regular home institution fees and no tuition to UW. Housing, living, travel and other miscellaneous expenses are the responsibility of the student. In exchange, HCDE students are invited to study abroad at UTwente.
Helpful links for international visitors are below. Please contact the department if you have additional questions or need further information.
- How to apply to HCDE as a visiting exchange student
- FAQ's for prospective international graduate students
- UW Office of International Students and Scholars
- TOEFL online
- GRE online
- UW Graduate School
- UW English as a Second Language (ESL) Program
- FIUTS, Foundation for international Understanding Through Students
- UW Visa information